Lotus Hotel in Sunny Beach is, what most of the people would call “good value for money”. It is located approximately 300 meters away from the beach, and has a lot of supermarkets, restaurants and shops around.
This hotel offers standard rooms, but also “studios” equipped with a small kitchen for people wishing to stay in Sunny Beach without having to go to restaurants every day. In my opinion Lotus Hotel is a very good option for people who don’t want to be too far from the crazy Sunny beach night life, but at the same time want to enjoy the daily activities that the resort has to offer.
We were pleasantly surprised when the receptionist gave us the keys to our room around 11AM, and we didn’t have to wait for the official check-in time. The hotel is simple, but very clean and spacious and doesn’t cost that much. We paid 80 leva (40 euros) for one night in a Standard Double room with breakfast.
Overall, our stay in Lotus Hotel was very pleasant. If having a swimming pool or a good internet connection is not that important to you, Lotus Hotel in Sunny Beach is a nice place to spend some time without spending lots of money!
Things we liked:
- Early check in possible (if the rooms are available)
- Free parking in front of the hotel (which is important, because there are not a lot of parking spaces around)
- Nice and helpful staff (speaking English among other languages)
- Big and clean room with a balcony and A/C
- Good breakfast (hotel guests get a 10 % discount for lunch and dinner at the restaurant)
- Hotel location (close to the beach, to the bars and the restaurants and to the “mini train” going from Sunny Beach to Nessebar)
Things to improve:
- Bad internet connection in our room (but our friends had a room on the other side of the hotel and their internet connection was always good)
- Noise at night (there must be a karaoke bar near Lotus Hotel, not close enough to really stop you from sleeping, but close enough to hear that after a couple of cocktails people often sing off-key)
- No swimming pool (although, we were aware of this fact when we booked our room, so it wasn’t a surprise)