People travelling to Bulgarian seaside rarely stop in Burgas city for a long time, because, well…. everybody’s usually too anxious to get to their destination, put on their bathing suits and start enjoying their holiday.
Gran Via Hotel is easy to find, because it is situated in the city center, just across the street from “Morska Gradina” (“Sea Garden”) and approximately 100 meters away from the beach. The hotel doesn’t have a parking, but we easily found a place for our car in one of the tiny streets behind the hotel.
Things we liked:
- Location: city center, easy access to all major routes and to the beach
- Price: we paid 88 leva (44 euros) for one night in a standard double (or twin) room (with breakfast included)
- English speaking staff at the reception desk, and a possibility for a late check – in (we arrived around 10 PM and the receptionist was waiting for us)
- A possibility to chose your breakfast out of several options, including a vegetarian one
- A very clean and quiet room with enough space for two people
- Good Wi-Fi connection
Things to improve:
- Breakfast was served in a small room on the – 1 floor (underground) even though there was a terrace in the hotel
- Not a disappointment, but a bit of a surprise: if you want milk in your coffee, you have to go up to the reception and buy it, because it’s not included in the breakfast
Of course, as we all understand, breakfast is not an issue and you can always get some good coffee in one of the cafes outside the hotel if you are just staying there for one night. Overall our stay was nice and we would definitely recommend Gran Via Hotel to those of you travelling to Burgas and looking for a place to spend a night.